We’re excited to announce that we’re one year old today!
It was one year ago that Joe Pantalone, our current mayoral candidate, annoyed me so much by blocking new restaurant openings on Ossington without consultation from the neighbours that I went home and started writing.
90 Posts later we are still going – and an example of Hyper-local blogging.
A lot has happened this year on Ossington.
- The opening of Bohmer, Paramour and Union restaurants.
- The launch of City Store, Crepes & More & Our House.
- Evan Bidell, of Project Runway Canada fame, showed his wares in the location next to Reposado.
- Angell Gallery moved up from Queen Street.
- There were the closings of Bar au Soup, Get Real, Rolly’s Garage and the final demise of the never-opened The Saint.
- Pizzeria Libretto not only got certified by VPN, but also got named by En Route Magazine as a Best restaurant of 2008
We launched our Twitter account only 2 months ago and are keeping the neighbourhood up to date with our shorter updates. Follow us on Twitter here.
We thought we’d celebrate with a new look! The fantastic graphic design of Ananuku Kolar and Better Art Design & Direction put together our first logo, and I spent a beautiful May afternoon in the backyard putting together a new format for the blog. It will continue to evolve and grow as will the neighbourhood.
We’ve had a great time getting to know all our neighbours in Ossington Village and hearing from you our readers. We appreciate everyone who commented and sent us feedback – even if we disagreed.
We love the way this neighbourhood keeps changing and love documenting the evolution of Ossington Village. Keep commenting, sending us feedback, story ideas, and other happenings in the area.