Local restaurants are coming out on top in 2015 restaurant lists. Critics and regular folk love the food coming out of kitchens on Ossington and Dundas West, and this time of year, they are naming their favorites.
Boralia, the innovative Canadian restaurant which opened at 59 Ossington this time last year, continues to receive kudos for it’s inventive and delicious dishes. USA TODAY selected the new Canadian spot as one of the Best Toronto restaurants this year.
Today, The Globe and Mail’s Chris Nuttall-Smith added to Boralia’s acclaim with a #2 ranking on his list of the top new restaurants in Toronto in 2015. The esteemed food critic also included Japanese snack bar Hanmoto in his list, at #10.
The Huffington Post has also posted a Best New Restaurant list. This one includes 31 restaurants, and lauds local spots like the recently opened Omaw, and Bobbie Sue’s Mac and Cheese and gives more recognition to Hanmoto.
Last month, in this year’s extensive NOW reader’s choice awards, local restaurants were well represented:
- Rock Lobster‘s lobster tail caesar voted Best Caesar
- Lakeview chosen as Best Diner and Runner-up for Late Night restaurant
- Bellwoods Brewery chosen as Best Microbrew. We’ll drink a Grizzly Beer (or two) to that!
- Pizzeria Libretto maintains its place on top as Toronto’s favorite pizza
- Enoteca Sociale was recognized as Runner-up for best wine list in the city – another reason to toast!
Needless to say, we have a lot of excellent eating options in our part of town, so congratulations to the hardworking people behind these great places. To those of you who want to get some of that good food into your belly, get your reservations now.