Brunch is calling you and we haven’t updated our brunch post in a year and a half. With all the changes in the area, you have a right to know where to get your weekend midday meal! Here’s our Fall 2018 updated guide to Ossington Village brunch.
Sometimes you don’t want a sit-down brunch: you want a good cup of coffee in a casual atmosphere, and maybe a snack. We’ve got local delicious indie options for well-brewed coffee.
Ideal Coffee is the reliable neighborhood coffee shop, always with a friendly barista behind the counter preparing their own brewed coffee. Ideal has a large side patio on Foxley Street and offers pastries and sandwiches. 162 Ossington Avenue
- Jimmy’s Coffee opens at 7am for those early birds who can’t wait for their fix, even on the weekends. Check out the espresso bar for spacious seating options. 15 Ossington Avenue
- Pilot Coffee Roasters just opened a large new café, as you know from our recent post. They have sandwiches and pastries and lots of room for you to go with friends. 117 Ossington Avenue
Non-Traditional Coffee Spot
There are more places in Ossington Village to grab your cup of joe – and you still don’t have to visit a chain! Try these out for a change.
- Academy of Lions not only offers cross-fit classes and clothing for a good cause, you can also get your coffee paleo style. This is where you go for your butter coffee fix, to go or stay. 64 Ossington Avenue
Counter Service Brunch
Ossington Village has casual brunch options where you order at the counter, pick up, and go. Or stay. You decide.
Schmaltz Appetizing has multiple kinds of fish spreads – and other toppings – for the bagels they serve. Coffee and juice as well. 224 Ossington Avenue
Venezia Bakery offers Portuguese traditional fare like natas (custard tarts), pastries and sandwiches to go with your coffee. The expanded location usually has a spare seat or two, or take it to go.
Full Service Brunch
Your favorite Ossington Village restaurant at dinnertime may also serve brunch! Enjoy different dishes from the same talented chefs during the day!
- Boozy Brunch at Bar Sybanne Their delicious sharing plates at night translate to delicious brunch offerings, including Make Your Own Mimosas! Available Sundays from 1-4PM. 229 Ossington Avenue
- All Day Brunch at The Lakeview The neighborhood stalwart is still serving a wide range of standard popular breakfast dishes 24/7. 1132 Dundas Street West
- Traditional Brunch at Union What can we say? One of the best – and most popular – brunch spots in the city. With good reason. 72 Ossington Avenue
- Asian Fusion Brunch at Té Have your eggs with kimchi or another Asian twist at this restaurant at 70 Ossington Avenue.
- Sports and Brunch at The Dock Ellis The food here is much better than typical sports bar fare, and so is the company. Enjoy your football, basketball or whatever the seasonal sport is at this spot at 1280 Dundas West
So what are you waiting for? The weekend’s almost here. Get to brunch on Ossington!