This Saturday marks the 3rd year for the Dundas West Fest. The first two years were a big success, both for the residents and businesses in the neighbourhood, and year three looks to be at least as good!
The festival closes down Dundas from Ossington all the way west to Landsdowne, and many community groups, shops, restaurants and more will be represented. What makes the Dundas West Fest so successful is the inclusion of all the local groups and businesses for food and entertainment.
With kids’ zones, lots of music, shopping, art, and plenty of food and drink, the Dundas West Fest offers lots of opportunities for everyone to enjoy.
Some of the highlights of this year’s fest include:
- The Garrison hosts a craft beer festival and free music stage in the Beer Store parking lot, with well-known local bands ranging from The Royal Crowns to Good Enough Live Karaoke to Choir! Choir! Choir!
- Comedy with The Afternoon Laugh party with local comedians at the Sheridan stage, and more jokes at Full of Beans
- Free portraits from renowned photographer George Pimental at the Alegria Stage
- Readings by Portuguese-Canadian writers at the West Stage
- DJs and Art at Milk Glass Co
- Kids zones at the west end of the fest
- Busker zones scattered throughout the festival
- Food and drink from all the local cafes, bars and restaurants, and a new food zone at the west end near Landsdowne
Take a look at some photos from last year to get a sense of the scope and scale of the festival.