Now Toronto released their annual readers’ choice lists of top businesses in Toronto, and lots of local businesses ranked high. Here’s a recap of the bars, stores, restaurants and people to be voted best by Toronto locals. Congratulations to all!
- Trinity Bellwoods Park ranked as runner up for Best Park (High Park won)
- Congrats to Mike Layton – runner up as Best City Councillor
Shopping and Services
- Congrats to Parlour Salon – voted runner up in the highly competitive Best Hair Salon
- Fitzroy Boutique is no longer just a pop-up, but they were voted runner up in the Best Pop Up Store category
Food and Drink
- Once again, The Dakota Tavern, a country-bluegrass-rock music venue, was voted Best Blues Bar. This seems to now be a running joke in Toronto!
- Bartender May Brand from Ossington’s Sweaty Betty’s was voted runner-up for Best Bartender. Of all the bartenders in this big city, that’s a high honor.
- Bellwoods Brewery:
- Maybe surprisingly to those not in the know, gets accolades for its charcuterie as Runner Up to the famous meat plate at Black Hoof
- Also lauded as the city’s Best Gastro-Pub
- Bellwoods won Best Micro-Brew again this year
- The Lakeview shows that serving good food 24/7 doesn’t hurt!
- Best diner awards go once again to the Dundas West diner
- Also got runner up for Best Late Night restaurant
- At least some of the people lining up for ice cream on Ossington voted for Bang Bang in the best ice cream category, and they were voted runner up to Ed’s Real Scoop
- Enoteca Sociale won a few accolades as well this year!
- Runner Up as Best Italian restaurant in Toronto
- Runner Up for Best Wine List
- Pizza Libretto:
- If you’ve got kids, you may want to bring them to one of these pizza spots, voted the Best Kid Friendly Restaurant this year
- Libretto again was voted Best Pizza in Toronto, so don’t just bring the kids!
- Best Prix Fixe also goes to Pizza Libretto with another repeat win
- One of our favorite sports bars is also one of Toronto’s. The Dock Ellis won runner up in this category this year