Ossfest is this Saturday. From 11a-11p, Ossington Avenue will be closed for a music fest and bike race and more. We’ve already detailed those schedules and provided links here. So, what is the “more” I speak of that will be happening on the street? As the big day approaches, we have information on what the local businesses are doing to make Ossfest a one-of-a-kind Toronto street festival.
Sidewalk Shopping and Sales at Ossfest
- Anice Jewellery will be open and selling custom made jewellery from the front patio at 102 Ossington
- Annie Aime plans to have special sales just for Ossfest
- Community 54 – check out this new sneaker shop’s sidewalk sale right near the Ossfest Music stage
- Downtown Lumber’s Tile Centre is offering NO TAX this Saturday
- Fitzroy Boutique – sidewalk shop at this fun and fashionable pop-up!
- VdeV – This new home design shop will have a sidewalk sale at the corner of Ossington and Argyle
- Victoire is hosting a sidewalk sale where you can browse Canadian fashion designers in the sun in front of the shop
Food and Drink at Ossfest
- Boehmer’s front patio will be busy serving special dishes and a view of Ossington Crit
- BQM already has a great patio, so expect some drink specials like beer or caesars and enjoy the sun!
- Cote De Bouef is having a front patio where you can get some of their delicious sandwiches and a Pimms or cold beer to go with it; The butcher shop will also co-host oysters and Cava from the patio further down the street at Tiger of Sweden
- Crafted Coffee is bringing their chilled delivery bike to the sidewalk for some cold brews
- Golden Turtle – the pho spot’s patio will be even larger for Ossfest and they’ll serve fresh rolls and spring rolls to go on the sidewalk
- Ideal Coffee – enjoy the smell of roasting coffee beans as you watch the Crit from the patio at Ossington and Foxley
- Indian Grill – the family run restaurant will have a new location outside Lola Salon this Saturday. Serving a few of their choice dishes from the sidewalk patio at 200 Ossington, just south of Rolyat
- La Cubana will be serving hot cubanos and cold drinks on this hot summer day
- Mamakas Taverna is going all out with a 100 person extended patio on the side alley featuring meats grilled outside on the spit for a real summer barbecue vibe
- Moliceiro‘s special front patio will be open with full menu and a Portuguese sandwich special
- Rashers is going to be busy with $5 hogtown sandwiches and free bacon samples this Saturday
- Reposado will expand next door with seating and drink specials at the Ossington Tire parking lot. Stop by for some buckets of beer in the Sol and Tecate beer tent and expect mezcal specials and a performance by Led Zep cover band Zeppelinesque
- Salt Wine Bar will make you your choice of a special veggie or chicken chorizo paella and cinnamon churros from their special front patio for Ossfest
- Union Restaurant is having a special front patio and will feature the usual favorites from one of Toronto’s top kitchens
Art and Kids at Ossfest
- Stylegarage will feature some custom designed art pieces and a silent auction for CAMH this Saturday
- Telegramme Prints stands out for parents with their plans for a kids art workshop for 12 and unders! Sounds fun!
- William’s Craig is setting up a vintage bicycle lounge – fitting for the Crit and likely very instagrammable
Ossfest is tomorrow, Saturday July 23 from 11a-11pm. Shop local and Meet Me on Ossington