The Toronto Jazz Festival is one of the world’s biggest jazz events with music superstars performing across the city. Two local music venues are featuring some Toronto Jazz fest acts right here on Ossington.
Many of the club acts are Toronto natives, and the jazz fest is a great opportunity to check out some of these talented locals. You will also have the chance to hear and see performers from Montreal and further afield.
Below are some of the highlights of the local club series for Jazz Fest. As always, check our calendar for full listings of events in Ossington Village:
- Parc X Trio: This Montreal instrumental jazz trio has won awards at the Montreal Jazz Fest, is influenced by rock and urban music, and supposedly puts on a lively show. Playing Reposado on Saturday, June 25 at 9:30pm. Cover $8
- Rob n Bob Power Duo: Great Bob Scott is widely recognized as one of Toronto’s best drummers. See him perform at Reposado on Saturday, July 2 at 9:30pm. Cover is $8
- Reposado is hosting Jazz Movie Nights both Sundays of Jazz Fest. They’ll be showing Ken Burns Jazz episodes and other vintage TV jazz. No cover
The Painted Lady
- Elise LeGrow: A solo artist and member of Whale Tooth, Elise LeGrow’s music is pop and her voice is jazz standard. Enjoy her in the intimate Painted Lady on Saturday, June 25 at 8P for $10 cover.
- Donne Roberts: An accomplished guitarist and singer-songwriter with roots in Madagascar, Russia and Toronto, check him out on Thursday, June 30th at 8pm. Cover is $10
As in past years and for other festivals, participating venues have extended hours during Jazz Fest. The Painted Lady usually offers a late night jam session with jazz musicians, staying open until 4am. So get out there and enjoy some jazz on Ossington.