The Dundas West Fest is going to be entertaining crowds next Saturday, June 11. We’ve got a long list of reasons why you won’t want to miss this one, for one, after 3 years, it’s already being touted as a top summer festival in Toronto.
First, the logistics: Dundas West will be closed to traffic between Ossington and Landsdowne all day Saturday, June 11. The streets will be for people, and for the businesses to fill as they wish. This means many of the retailers will have sidewalk sales, and the bars and restaurants will have patios, plus there are kids’ zones, art areas and music stages scattered throughout. With the wildly diverse businesses on the street, you will be able to choose from a lot of entertainment and dining.
I mentioned we had some highlights, but check out the site linked above because there is a lot going on this Saturday:
- The Garrison is curating a full day of free live music from the parking lot of The Beer Store: headliners are The Dears, other bands range from the local old favorites The Shuffle Demons to the more current Run with the Kittens
- For more music, the Lulaworld stage at Dundas and Brock features dance lessons, drumming and a variety of international performers all sponsored by Lula Lounge
- Kids zone at Dundas and Sheridan will feature fun activities for the kids all day, including soccer and a kids’ stage
- Check out the patio at West Neighborhood House: there will be games, music and community discussions
- Milk Glass Co is hosting a party with music all day
- Sports fans, take note! Euro Cup begins on June 10, and Opera Bob’s and likely many other local sports bars like Dock Ellis and The Contender will be airing the games all throughout the tournament
- Food glorious food! From the Portuguese butchers grilling meats, to the Italian, BBQ, Thai and more, there will be outdoor seating and take-away all along the street