This Thursday, Opera Bob‘s, our local sports bar, is hosting a unique charity event. Gregg Zaun, former Blue Jay pitcher and Rogers SportsNet analyst, is putting on a charity casino night in support of the Sick Kids Hospital and Horizons for Youth. Opera Bob’s got quite a reputation this summer for their Jays Days events, where for a bunch of out-of-town games this season, they recreated the spirit of the game right in the bar, right down to the seventh inning stretch and servers walking around selling canned beer and hot-dogs.
Thursday night’s event is for a good cause, and also includes the opportunity to:
- Play Blackjack, Roulette, Crown and Anchor with professional casino dealers,
- Celebrity bar tending, including 2010 Miss Universe, Elena Semikina
- Great give-aways and prizes including signed baseball bats by Jose Bautista, Brett Lawrie, Adam Lind and J.P. Arencibia
- Question & Answer session with Gregg Zaun
- Jays season wrap up and MLB Playoff Preview
Opera Bob’s is no stranger to charity events. They regularly provide a venue for many local charities to raise funds for all sorts of great causes. Head over on Thursday to Opera Bob’s and enjoy the tail end of the baseball season while helping others!