Founded by Lauren Baker in 2009, LAB Consignment is a new consignment service specializing in the resale of chic, gently used, designer and vintage ladies clothing, shoes and handbags. Her current collection is available for sale online and in the new location in the rear of Silver Falls Vintage, 15 Ossington Ave. LAB sells such designers as D&G, YSL, A.P.C., J BRAND, Earnest Sewn, Milli, Helmut Lang, Topshop, Walter Steiger, Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Banana Republic, Club Monaco, Givenchy, Kors, Betsey Johnson, and lots of different vintage designers.
We are not the first to tell you about this new venture! There was a lot of buzz after the opening party a couple of weeks ago, which was DJ-ed by k-os. (k-os has been to Ossington). However, we do have some insider info from Lauren herself to make the best of your consigning experience at LAB:
Seasonal items should be consigned within these months:
SPRING – FEB TO APRIL
SUMMER – MAY TO JULY
FALL – AUGUST TO OCTOBER
WINTER – NOVEMBER TO JANUARY
This is what we’re looking for:
- Gently used designer and vintage nicer ladies clothing, shoes, and handbags.
- Canadian independent designers to be featured in store
Items I am NOT looking for:
- A pink GAP t-shirt from 2006 aka plain boring staples
- Items with holes, stains, or major wear marks
- Anything non-designer H&M (I will take Stella McCartney for H&M eg), Forever 21, Abercrombie, American Eagle, Stitches, Urban Behaviour, Preloved, Le Chateau (unless it’s circa 1980-90), most mall stores
- Ironic t-shirts – unless they’re amazing
So, bring her your summer stuff now, but don’t try to pass off those smelly flip-flops you bought at Old Navy 2 summers ago. Wrong in so many ways!